England Athletics Registration
Standard membership of Victory Athletic Club (VAC) now includes individual registration with England Athletics (EA) as a Competitive Athlete.
The cost (£15 for 2018-19) is included in the Standard Membership fee.
This allows you to score for VAC teams in competitions Under UKA Rules, including road races.
Without current EA registration, you should enter events as 'Unaffiliated' and pay an extra fee.
Some events you won’t be able to enter at all.
EA registration is not currently checked by ALL race entry systems – but it’s coming!
There are other benefits to being registered with EA, the most notable being your personal profile page on the PowerOfTen and/or RunBritain websites that automatically picks up your performances in UKA licensed events, from parkrun to Ultra Runs.
If you have no intention of taking part in outside races and events, you can join VAC as a Non-competitive member.
You do NOT need EA registration for:
- All VAC training sessions including C25k sessions.
- In-house events open only to VAC members, for example our Handicap Races, the annual Hayling Relay and our social runs.
- parkrun – these are RUNS not RACES
- The Southern Cross Country League on six Sundays during the winter. (However if you ARE EA registered, and the host club provides individual results (most do), then your result (M/F position only, no times recorded) will be added to your PowerOfTen profile.)
- Races licensed by bodies other than UKA, for example ARC (Association of Running Clubs), TRA (Trail Running Association) and Rob Piggott’s local events in Portsmouth through Believe & Achieve.
If you decide to enter competitions later – perhaps when your training sessions with VAC have paid off – you can upgrade to Standard / Competitive Membership at any time during the year by paying the EA registration fee via VAC.
For further information on EA registration, see: The England Athletics website
Club Member of the Year:
Each year in March/April the club membership are invited to submit nominations for the Club Member of the Year.
The trophy is presented at the Annual Dinner which is usually in April.
There are no criteria, just the members' personal choice.
Maybe someone who has always been there for you, helped you to meet your goals, progressed well, contributed to the club or just been good company to run with – you don’t have to give a reason!
Nominations are requested by, and should be emailed to email@example.com