Marathon Training Runs
Paul Spooner and Beth Pirie have volunteered to offer weekly marathon training runs, starting on 6th January 2018.
Meet at Havant Leisure Centre.
Please Note: you must be able to run 10 miles to join this group and benefit from this training programme.
- The marathon training programme is designed to prepare you for Brighton Marathon on 15th April, London or Southampton on 22nd April, or indeed any other spring marathon being run in April or May 2018.
The programme is equally suited to all.
- This is a guide only and is prepared as such.
- The suggested runs can be undertaken in any order.
- It is suggested that at least 2 runs are taken in a race environment and consist of one of 20 miles and a half marathon.
Additionally, there are a number of high grade 10k runs such as Stubbington, Chichester and Eastleigh that can be run as an ‘extra’ and which will aid your training. Don’t forget also the TRXC and HRRL events.
- Finally, and most importantly, listen to your body if you are injured or tired then do not undertake a long run, do something else such as swimming or cycling or, better still, just rest!
- Please contact Paul and Beth if you have any questions on this programme :
Week One: Saturday 06.01.18 12 miles (flat) : Hayling Billy Line
Week Two: Saturday 13.01.18 14 miles : Thorney Island
Week Three: 20.01.18 15 miles : Rowlands Castle / Chalton
Week Four: 27.01.18 15 miles : Southbourne
Week Five: 03.02.18 16 miles : Purbrook (hills)
Week Six: 10.02.18 16 miles : Portsmouth
Week Seven: 17.02.18 18 miles : Havant Thicket / Rowlands Castle
Week Eight: 24.02.18 16 miles : Chidham
Week Nine: 03.03.18 18 miles : Cosham / Crookhorn
Week Ten: 10.03.18 16 miles : Waterlooville / Purbrook
Week Eleven: 17.03.18 18 miles : Farlington Marshes / Emsworth
Week Twelve: 24.03.18 20 miles : Hayling Island
Week Thirteen: 31.03.18 15 miles : Rowlands Castle / Chalton
Week Fourteen: 07.04.18 14 miles : Emsworth / Wetsbourne
Week Fifteen: 14.04.18 10 miles : Hayling Billy Line
15th April : Brighton Marathon
22nd April : London Marathon / Southampton Marathon