Marathon Training Runs
Paul Spooner has volunteered to offer weekly marathon training runs, starting on 30th September 2018.
Meet at Havant Leisure Centre.
Please Note: you must be able to run 10 miles to join this group and benefit from this training programme.
- The marathon training programme is designed to prepare you for the pre-Christmas Portsmouth Coastal Marathon on 23rd December 2018.
The programme is equally suited to all.
- This is a guide only and is prepared as such.
- The suggested runs can be undertaken in any order.
- It is suggested that at least 2 runs are taken in a race environment, including one half marathon. HRRL events, make for good pacing sessions.
- Finally, and most importantly, listen to your body if you are injured or tired then do not undertake a long run, do something else such as swimming or cycling or, better still, just rest!
- Please contact Paul if you have any questions on this programme :
Week One: Sunday 30.09.18 12 miles (flat) : Hayling Billy Line
Week Two: Sunday 07.10.18 14 miles : Chalton
Week Three: Sunday 14.10.18 15 miles: Round Portsmouth [Start from Farlington Marshes Car Park]
Week Four: Saturday 20.10.18 15 miles : Off road from Rowlands Castle
Week Five: Sunday 28.10.18 16 Miles : Westbourne / Chidham
Week Six: Sunday 01.11.18 16 miles : Purbrook / Widley 13
Week Seven: Sunday 11.11.18 18 miles : Havant Thicket / Rowlands Castle
Week Eight: Sunday 18.11.18 18 miles : Round Hayling Island
Week Nine: Sunday 25.11.18 16 miles : Farlington Marshes / Cosham
Week Ten: Sunday 02.12.18 20 miles : Rowlands Castle / Stansted
Week Eleven: Sunday 09.12.18 14 miles : Thorney Island
Week Twelve: Sunday 16.12.18 10 miles : Emsworth
Week Thirteen: Sunday 23rd December: Portsmouth Coastal Marathon