Marathon Training Runs
Paul Spooner and Beth Pirie have volunteered to offer weekly marathon training runs on a Sunday,
starting on 8th January 2017.
Meet at Havant Leisure Centre.
Please Note: you must be able to run 10 miles to join this group and benefit from this training programme.
- The marathon training programme is designed to prepare you for Brighton marathon on 9th April, or indeed any other spring marathon being run in April or May 2017. The programme is equally suited to all.
- This is a guide only and is prepared as such.
- The suggested runs can be undertaken in any order.
- It is suggested that at least 2 runs are taken in a race environment and consist of one of 20 miles and a half marathon. Additionally, there are a number of high grade 10k runs such as Stubbington, Chichester and Eastleigh that can be run as an ‘extra’ and which will aid your training. Don’t forget also the TRXC and HRRL events.
- Finally, and most importantly, listen to your body if you are injured or tired then do not undertake a long run, do something else such as swimming or cycling or, better still, just rest!
- Please contact Paul and Beth if you have any questions on this programme :
Week One: 08.01.17 12 miles flat (Billy Track)
Week Two: 15.01.17 13 miles with hills
Week Three: 22.01.17 15 miles flat
Week Four: 29.01.17 16 miles with hills
Week Five: 05.02.17 17 miles flat
Week Six: 12.02.17 17 miles with hills
Week Seven: 19.02.17 18 miles flat
Week Eight: 26.02.1 18 miles with hills
Week Nine: 05.03.1 16 miles flat
Week Ten: 12.03.17 20 miles with hills
Week Eleven: 19.03.17 16 miles flat
Week Twelve: 26.03.17 14 miles with hills
Week Thirteen: 02.04.17 12 miles flat
Week Fourteen: 09.04.17 Brighton Marathon