Marathon Training : from Havant Leisure Centre
Marathon Training Runs
Paul Spooner has volunteered to offer weekly marathon training runs.
Meet at Havant Leisure Centre.
Please Note: you must be able to run 10 miles to join this group and benefit from this training programme.
- The marathon training programme is designed to prepare you for an early Spring marathon (Brighton / Manchester), and change extended for London / Southampton etc.
- The programme is equally suited to all.
- This is a guide only and is prepared as such.
- The suggested runs can be undertaken in any order.
- It is suggested that at least 2 runs are taken in a race environment, including one half marathon. HRRL events, make for good pacing sessions.
- Finally, and most importantly, listen to your body if you are injured or tired then do not undertake a long run, do something else such as swimming or cycling or, better still, just rest!
- Please contact Paul if you have any questions on this programme :
Week One: Sunday 06.01.19 12 miles (flat) : Hayling Billy Line
Week Two: Sunday 13.01.19 14 miles : Cosham / Drayton
Week Three: Sunday 20.01.19 14 miles: Chalton
Week Four: Saturday 27.01.19 15 miles :Round Portsmouth
Week Five: Sunday 03.02.19 15 miles : Southbourne
Week Six: Sunday 10.02.19 16 miles : Purbrook / Widley
Week Seven: Sunday 17.01.19 17 miles : Waterlooville / Denemad
Week Eight: Sunday 24.02.19 18 miles : Round Hayling Island
Week Nine: Sunday 03.03.19 18 miles : Havant Thicket / Rowlands Castle
Week Ten: Sunday 10.03.19 16 miles : Farlington Marshes / IBM
Week Eleven: Sunday 17.03.19 20 miles : Rowlands Castle / Westbourne
Week Twelve: Sunday 24.03.19 16 miles : Westbourne / Chidham
Week Thireen: Sunday 31.03.19 14 miles : Chalton
Week Fourteen: Sunday 07.04.19 10 miles : Emsworth
Copyright © Victory Athletic Club