Victory Athletic Club Rules (2015 updated)
as agreed at the 2015 AGM
1. The Club will be known as VICTORY ATHLETIC CLUB
1. The headquarters of the club shall be agreed by the committee and notified to all members.
1. The management of the club is vested in a committee consisting of the following officers, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, plus a minimum of five further committee members, all elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
2. Candidates will be proposed and seconded by members at or before the AGM. In the event of two or more candidates being nominated for the same post selection will be at the AGM by ballot of those members present.
3. In the event of any officer not being able to complete his/her term of office for any reason, the committee may co-opt a replacement from amongst the members to stand until the next AGM.
4. The committee has the power to co-opt further subcommittee members for specific tasks as it thinks fit from the members.
5. A quorum of the committee is four, of which at least three must be elected members.
1. Membership of the club is open, subject to candidates being acceptable to those bodies to which the club is affiliated.
2. Candidates for membership must apply in writing on the standard club application form. The committee reserves the right to refuse membership.
3. Classes of membership will be as agreed at the AGM or at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) called for that purpose.
1. The subscriptions of the club are payable on joining (the amount proportional to the date) and subsequently on the subsequently on the 1st April annually.
2. The classes of membership and the relevant subscriptions may only be changed at the AGM or at an Extraordinary General Meeting called for the purpose, providing a quorum is present and at least fourteen days’ formal notice of the specific proposal is given to all members.
1. Organisations may affiliate themselves to Victory Athletic Club subject to the committee's approval.
2. Membership fees and classes of membership will be as agreed by the committee.
7. CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP
1. A member will cease to be a member if his/her annual subscription is not paid within one month of due date or on receipt of a letter of resignation by the committee.
2. The committee may expel any member that it decides is no longer fit for membership, subject to formally informing that member of the reasons and providing him/ her with the opportunity to present his/her case to a meeting of the full committee before any expulsion is finalised.
3. An expulsion requires a majority of the committee members present at that meeting.
8. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
1. A General Meeting shall be held during the month of November to receive the committee's report and financial statement, elect officers and committee and deal with any matter specified on the agenda.
2. The secretary must give every member fourteen days’ formal notice of the meeting in writing.
3. The committee or any member may place an item on the agenda, providing details in writing to the Secretary at least seven days prior to the meeting.
4. Only matters specifically notified on the agenda may be decided at the AGM.
5. A quorum for the AGM is fifteen members. Decisions at an AGM can be carried only by a simple majority of the members present (ie more than half the votes cast).
9. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING (EGM)
1. An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) of the club must be called by the Secretary within one month of the receipt by him/her of a request in writing signed by at least ten members of the club stating the business to be brought before such a meeting, or by the committee if they deem it necessary.
2. The Secretary must give every member at least fourteen days’ formal notice of the meeting.
3. A quorum for an EGM is fifteen members. Decisions at an EGM can be carried only by a simple majority of the members present (ie more than half the votes cast).
10. ALTERATION OF RULES
1. Club rules may only be changed at an AGM or an EGM called for that purpose.
1. The Minutes of all committee meetings, AGMs and EGMs must be recorded by the Secretary or nominated substitute and made available to all committee members.
2. A copy must be held by the Secretary and be readily available for inspection by any member.
12. CLUB COLOURS
1. The club colours will be decided by the committee and must be worn by members when representing the club, unless the committee gives permission otherwise.
13. OBSERVATION AND INTERPRETATION OF RULES
1. Every member binds him/herself to abide by rules of the club and accepts as final and binding the decision of the committee in all cases of dispute or disagreement as to interpretation of these rules.
Copyright © Victory Athletic Club